This calendar will be updated weekly with an after school practice schedule, test dates, performance dates, and other important events. If you would like to subscribe to our calendar, CLICK HERE for subscription instructions. Check back regularly for updates!
Please note: music events are subject to change.
Performances serve as an opportunity to showcase our scholar’s accomplishments while allowing teachers the opportunity to assess student progress. For this reason, students are expected to be at all concerts! Each member contributes to the ensemble in their own substantial way, and a concert absence significantly impacts the group’s overall performance. If you know that you will be unable to attend a performance, please let Mr. Leslie know well in advance of the performance. This is an opportunity to celebrate our scholar’s growth – family, relatives, friends, and community members are encouraged to attend!
- Arrive dressed in your Concert Shirt
- Long black pants (please no jeans, sweats, or track pants)
- Sequoyah Music Shirt
- Black shoes with black socks.
- NOTE: if families have any trouble acquiring the necessary concert clothing, please contact me as soon as possible.
- Arrive 30 minutes prior to the start of the concert.
- Head directly to the band room to set up your instrument
- With your instrument, head to the gym and prepare to warm-up as a group
- Be prepared to stay for the whole concert.
- If you must leave early, please let Mr. Leslie know before the concert, but it is important that you stay to support the other members of the program.